Board of Commissioners
May 16th Meeting Recap
A regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners was held on May 16th. The following actions were taken:
- Chief Dixon reviewed the Police Report.
- Inspections Director Evans gave the Inspections Department monthly report.
- The Board approved Coastal Race Productions’ request for a banner, a beer garden and vendors for Run HB.
- Ordinance 23-09 was approved. This budget amendment moves American Rescue Plan money from Fund 11 to the General Fund.
- The Board approved a Memorandum of Agreement with EJE Dredging Service for emergency maintenance dredging in the Lockwood Folly Inlet. Staff has coordinated with Dare County, Brunswick County, the Oregon Inlet Task Force, EJE Dredging Service and the required regulatory agencies to obtain permission and capability required to attempt the dredging. Final dredge corridor approval is pending and will be required before commencement of the dredging. The association budget amendment, Ordinance 23-10 was also approved.
Click here if you are interested in viewing the meeting packet.
You can also hear audio from the meeting by clicking here. Audio includes the town manager’s report and mayor/commissioner comments.
(Click on underlined information above to view documentation.)