Board of Commissioners
November 21, 2023 Meeting Recap
A regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners was held on November 21, 2023. The following actions were taken:
- Elsa Swenson from Martin Starnes and Associates presented the 2022 – 2023 Audit results. The Town received an unmodified opinion, which is a “clean opinion”. The report was submitted timely and was approved by the Local Government Commission. Click here to view the full presentation.
- Jim Varner from Otto Connect provided an end of season parking update. Click here to view the 2023 numbers.
- Chief Dixon reviewed the Police Report. He provided information on how to avoid scams.
- Inspections Director Evans gave the Inspections Department monthly report.
- The Board selected Wells Brothers Construction Company as the contractor for Block Q Phase I stormwater work. They approved the associated budget amendment, Order to Close Carolina Avenue and Letter of Intent.
- The Board approved Resolution 23-12. The Town is applying for grant funding through the NC Division of Water Resources to assist with navigation maintenance dredging of the Harbor Acres canal entrance. To complete the grant process, the resolution is required.
- The Board approved the Ward and Smith Engagement letter. Ward and Smith works with the Town on federal advocacy priorities.
- The quarterly meeting scheduled for December 21st was canceled.
Click here if you are interested in viewing the meeting packet.
You can also hear audio from the meeting by clicking here. Audio includes the town manager’s report and mayor/commissioner comments.
(Click on underlined information above to view documentation.)