Board of Commissioners
December 19, 2023 Meeting Recap
A regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners was held on December 19, 2023. The following actions were taken:
- Town Manager Hewett presented a plaque to the outgoing Board of Commissioners.
- Mayor Holden presented a plaque to Commissioner Arnold, thanking him for his service to the Town. The Town also thanks outgoing member, Brian Murdock who was unable to attend the meeting.
- The Board approved their 2024 Board of Commissioners’ schedule. All meetings, with the exception of January, are scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. The January meeting will be held on January 23rd.
- Tom Myers was selected to serve as mayor pro tem.
- The Board voted to schedule a special meeting to adopt Rules of Procedure.
- Chief Dixon reviewed the Police Report.
- Inspections Director Evans gave the Inspections Department monthly report.
- The Board voted to reject the bids received for the Holden Beach Pier Project and to start the process of developing a new plan by scheduling a special meeting.
- The Board approved the Fourth Amendment to the Solid Waste and Recyclables Collection, Transportation and Disposal Agreement between the Town and GFL Environmental. The amendment extends the term by two years and adjusts the current rates by 3%, as detailed in our current contract.
Click here if you are interested in viewing the meeting packet.
You can also hear audio from the meeting by clicking here. Audio includes the town manager’s report and mayor/commissioner comments.
(Click on underlined information above to view documentation.)